ADHD Strengths in Deficits Group
Where To Start
Our ADHD strengths in deficits group goes above and beyond the traditional ADHD educational and skills support program. We do this by focusing on your strengths and how ADHD is a superpower rather than the traditional deficits and weaknesses models that not only hurts but stigmatizes. Consisting of individual and weekly 90-minute group sessions, we tailor your treatment to your needs. Working with a professional and warm mannered counselor weekly, you will have a partner who will guide you through the journey to wellness restoration and seeing ADHD less as symptoms and more as strengths that the world around you needs.
The Group - Education And Support
Groups are a key part of Bring Hopes Wellness Restoration process because they offer key education influenced on evidence based models, for Example:
- Educating, Demyth–defying and normalizing clients about ADHD.
- Providing enhanced coping skills and tool to better hone abilities
- Building and strengthening supports, including the use of peer support services and mutual-support groups
- Providing social and psychological symptom management one-to-one and group sessions.
- Engaging families, as defined by the client, and providing education on ADHD symptoms and how to be mindful and supportive.
- Providing emotional support and enhancing motivation.
Groups also offer mutual support alongside other individuals who are also working through the wellness restoration. Each group member is unique with his or her own ADHD experiences including strengths that together in the group offer a wealth of support for each other to help strengthen one another.
A Wellness Restoration Program That Supports Your Success By helping to Improve:
Four major dimensions of Wellness Restoration
- Health: Make informed, healthy choices that support physical and emotional well-being.
- Home: Have a stable and safe place to live.
- Life Purpose: Engage in meaningful daily activities, such as a job or school, volunteering, caring for your family, or being creative. Work for independence, income, and resources to participate in society.
- Community: Build relationships and social networks that provide support